The Pine Ridge Men's Community is trying something new this year. We have decided to do one or two local projects and include our families. The first project is to help an Arnold family. The husband is disabled and is having difficulty navigating their split-level home. Due to his disability and the focus on his care, the family has had very little time to maintain their home and many repairs are needed. We are helping them upgrade their current home in order to sell it. They would like to move into a ranch home.
We put in over 150 hours of work this weekend. Here is a list of everything we accomplished!
- Repaired large and small holes in the drywall throughout the house.
- Tuck-pointed cracks in the outside brick.
- Replaced 10 light fixtures.
- Painted main living area ceiling.
- Removed doors on main level and painted new doors.
- Installed new vanity and got bathroom ready for painting.
- Repaired HVAC system.
- Converted storage room to an office to add more living space to the home.
- Cleaned siding and patio.
We had a great work day on Saturday as God blessed us with a great team. Thank you Faith - Oakville for the Beyond Blessed grant and Thrivent Action Team grant for supplies. We got a lot done, but there is still more to do. We are looking to have another work day on Saturday, February 4. The family is very thankful for all of what God is doing for them!