Thursday, May 06, 2021
The past year has brought us great loss and sadness as a world, a nation, and personally. COVID, politics, racial tension, and financial struggles among other things can cause disunity among us if we allow fear, anxiety, and worry to fill our hearts and minds. Do we navigate these difficult areas ourselves or call on the ONE who has the power to free our hearts and calm our fears?
God hears ALL our prayers and gives us the freedom we long for!
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
(2 Corinthians 3:17)
Thursday, May 6, is National Day of Prayer. We encourage you to gather (practicing social distancing) as a life group, family group, or friend group to PRAY!
- Gather in a park
- Gather in small groups in your group’s home or on a patio or deck
- Call a friend and pray with and for them
- Use Zoom, FaceTime, or Google Duo to pray “face to face” with your life group, family, or friends
- Change up your family prayers with the prayer guide
- Find time to steal away and find some quiet time
Whatever you choose, do so knowing that God is ALWAYS listening and hears your prayers!
…do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6)
Visit nationaldayofprayer.org to learn more about National Day of Prayer.